Friday, May 26, 2006

Firefly

You know. Geek and science fiction utter space nut that I am it is amazing that it took me so long to actually take in this series. I saw a couple of episodes while it was running and I went to see the movie. But The only thing worse than the haphazard way the network aired it is comming in the middle of a deep, dense character study. And the Movie played on the whole history of the show.

However now I have seen the series end to end and folks this thing is awesome. Watch it in the Order Weadon wanted to show it with the last 3 episodes and it just leaves you salivating for more. They bottled lightning on this thing. Absolutely amazing that this show is not still going. Hopefully they will succesfully manage to ignite a new series as this thing is one of the first new shows in a long time.

I seem to recall that Star Trek had a similar begining where it aired initially and got cancled and then an uproar from fans got it put back on. I kinda poo pooed all the fan hoopla about this show but now I understand why they are so upset. A good story, good characters and a good universe for them to be set in.

No comments: